Barbecue Safety The Danger of Carbon Monoxide

80% Unaware Of Barbeque Carbon Monoxide Danger

80% Unaware Of Barbeque Carbon Monoxide Danger. Reports say that Britons are as concerned about damaging their garden plants as they are from suffering from CO poisoning when they are barbequing.

Barbeque Carbon Monoxide Danger!

Half the nation plan on having an average of five barbeques for their family and friends this year. Gas Safe Register has issued a reminder to be aware of the symptoms of carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning. CO gas is known as the ‘silent killer’. It has no colour, taste or smell and can be fatal.

Research has shown that the majority of people do not realise CO poisoning is a potential danger when barbequing. In fact, CO poisoning was found to be only slightly ahead of damaging the garden or plants as a danger when barbequing!

Barbeque safety tips:

  • Never use a barbeque indoors
  • Don’t take a lit or smouldering barbeque inside a tent, caravan or cabin.
  • Always ensure you can see your barbeque and don’t leave it lit when you are sleeping
  • Follow the operating instructions
  • Be aware of the signs of carbon monoxide poisoning. The symptoms are:
  • Headaches
  • Nausea
  • Dizziness
  • Breathlessness
  • Collapse
  • Loss of consciousness.

If you think you or anyone else has CO poisoning, get away from the appliance – outdoors if possible – and call 999 immediately.

Gas Safety Advice

  • Only ever use a qualified Gas Safe registered engineer for gas work in your home. You can find a local Gas Safe engineer by calling Gas Safe Register on 0800 408 5500.
  • Every registered Gas Safe engineer carries an ID card. Always ask to see the card. The back of the card shows which gas appliances your engineer is qualified to work on.
  • If you smell gas, call the free 24-hour gas emergency number immediately: 0800 111 999.
  • Gas Safe Register is the official list of gas engineers who are registered to work legally on boilers, cookers, fires and any other gas appliances.
  • By law, all gas engineers have to be registered on the Gas Safe Register. Trust the Triangle.
For more carbon monoxide poisoning information contact L&W Heating and Plumbing on one of our regional numbers below:-

Newton Le Willows Central Heating Engineers 01925 394260
Wigan Central Heating Engineers 01942 417220
Warrington Central Heating Engineers 01925 394260
St Helens Central Heating Engineers 01744 776140
Widnes Central Heating Engineers 01925 394260
Runcorn Central Heating Engineers 01925 394260
Comments are closed.
Call Now Button